Vervain is proud to offer Rosemary Gladstar’s “The Science & Art of Herbalism” certification course!
Join us for a 10-month journey exploring herbal medicine that will engage the senses and the intellect while introducing you to a wide range of herbal topics and techniques. In this small-group setting, we will help you cultivate the confidence to support radiant health and address a myriad of health complaints using herbs. This program is designed to be fun and challenging as it guides students in extensive study – expect to spend about 20-30 hours outside of class hours per month studying and completing the homework assignments (official certification available).
This course will deepen your understanding of healing herbs and introduce you to a wide range of herbal topics. 4 hours/month of personalized instruction includes:
- Lectures in Herbal Materia Medica, Botany, Herbal Energetics, Anatomy and Physiology, First Aid, Accessibility and Sustainability of Herbal Medicine, and Home Treatment Plans.
- Hands-on learning: herbal infused oils, salves, tinctures, bath salts, sprays, infused honeys, syrups, vinegars, and much more!
- Local plant identification walks and on-location exploration as weather permits to discover our local herbal bounty!
- A comprehensive binder with the course text and dozens of recipes from Rosemary Gladstar’s The Science and Art of Herbalism printed course curriculum.
- Rosemary’s newest video course: The Foundations of Herbalism video series.
Bring your curiosity and join us on this herbal adventure that will span seasons and body systems!
The first class is February 26 and the next 9 classes will be on the third Saturday of the month (subject to change). Classes will be offered in-person (also subject to change). General Schedule (subject to variations): 11am-1pm; lunch 1pm-145pm; 1:45pm-3pm.
- Full Course (10 sessions + full materials - printed binder and digital slides): $650 upfront or 3 payments ($300 + $200 + $200)
- Drop-in per session (does not include binder; slides for the single class only): $50
*If you decide to join mid-year, you can join the next year's sessions for the ones you missed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information!