Vervain is proud to offer Rosemary Gladstar’s “The Science & Art of Herbalism” certification course!
Join us for a 10-month journey exploring herbal medicine that will engage the senses and the intellect while introducing you to a wide range of herbal topics and techniques. In this small-group setting, we will help you cultivate the confidence to support radiant health and address a myriad of health complaints using herbs. This program is designed to be fun and challenging as it guides students in extensive study – expect to spend about 20-30 hours outside of class hours per month studying and completing the homework assignments (official certification available).
This course will deepen your understanding of healing herbs and introduce you to a wide range of herbal topics. 4 hours/month of personalized instruction includes:
- Lectures in Herbal Materia Medica, Botany, Herbal Energetics, Anatomy and Physiology, First Aid, Accessibility and Sustainability of Herbal Medicine, and Home Treatment Plans.
- Hands-on learning: herbal infused oils, salves, tinctures, bath salts, sprays, infused honeys, syrups, vinegars, and much more!
- Local plant identification walks and on-location exploration as weather permits to discover our local herbal bounty!
- A comprehensive binder with the course text and dozens of recipes from Rosemary Gladstar’s The Science and Art of Herbalism printed course curriculum.
- Rosemary’s newest video course: The Foundations of Herbalism video series.
Bring your curiosity and join us on this herbal adventure that will span seasons and body systems!
Schedule (two sessions per year)
Session 1: 3rd Saturday from February to October (11am-3pm) (REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR 2022; NOT OPEN FOR 2023 YET)
Session 2: 1st Saturday from October to July (2pm-6pm) (REGISTRATION OPEN NOW)
- Full Course (10 sessions + full materials - printed binder and digital slides): $650 upfront or 3 payments ($300 + $200 + $200), subject to availability.
Email email@example.com if you need more information!